Most suitable for larger companies with regular IT refresh cycles, companies and resellers with explicit sustainability strategies, public companies with formal environmental reporting requirements, companies focused on optimizing cash management, or companies seeking to track the movements of their IT assets, the Gold Partnership enables our partners to:
- Monetize/dispose of used IT equipment
- Mitigate potential data security risks
- Maximize the proportion of reused vs. recycled IT equipment
- Recycle equipment in an environmentally friendly manner
- Set, track and achieve environmental goals
- De-install/Re-install and redeploy IT assets
- Obtain periodic reporting
- Store, manage and act upon IT assets remotely
- Optimize cash management
- Assess Fair Market Values (FMVs) and estimate depreciation schedules for specific IT assets
- IT Equipment Disposal – Resale and Responsible Recycling
- Ombligo makes IT equipment units and parts available for sale once received, tested, sanitized and analyzed. Units and parts are sold at a certain price with a thirty (30) day standard warranty. Ombligo is responsible for warranties, sales taxes, insurance, shipping and packing. Ombligo offers, at a separate charge to purchasers, software licenses such as operating system software or productivity software and/or extended warranties in Ombligo’s name, sole expense and remuneration.
Equipment that Ombligo determines is unrepairable, unsellable and/or not up-cyclable is responsibly recycled. Ombligo has an environmental commitment and an audited environmental management system – ISO 14001. Ombligo complies with local, state and federal electronic waste laws.
- Data Sanitization with Letter of Indemnification
- In an effort to adhere to the guiding principles of the Department of Defense’s 5220.22-M standard as of February 2006, Ombligo uses the most recent version of the ‘NIST SP 800-88 Guidelines for Media Sanitization’ as of September 2012. To that end, Ombligo, at a minimum, clears and sanitizes electronic data that could identify the Partner as the equipment owner, or irreparably deforms the equipment containing electronic data. Furthermore, Ombligo physically removes stickers and tags (except for Original Equipment Manufacturer (“OEM”) labels) from all equipment received from Partner. We then provide our partners with a letter of indemnification that details all of our data sanitization work performed, along with the specific serial numbers of all units of equipment or Hard Disk Drives (HDDs) sanitized.
- IT Inventorying Services
- As part of our standard partner services, Ombligo sends a team to its partners’ designated locations to compile an Inventory List, which includes the following characteristics for each piece of Equipment, where available;
+ Company reference number (also known as Company’s Asset Tag – “CAT”)
+ Class (e.g., laptop, desktop, server, switch or router)
+ Model number
+ Serial number
+ Parts information (e.g., quantity and part number of processors, quantity and step
code(s) of memory sticks, quantity and model number(s) of HDDs, etc.)
- De-Installation, Packaging and Reverse-Logistics Services
- Partners often select Ombligo for reverse-logistics services. We send out a team – often referred to in our industry as a “white gloves service” – to designated partner locations for inventorying, de-installing, packaging, and picking up our partners’ used IT equipment that has been earmarked for disposition, or redeployment. Ombligo prides itself on being a trust-worthy partner for such services. Our team has been commended for: 1) its strong work ethic and professionalism; 2) its knowledge and experience; 3) its ability to work under tight schedules and time requirements; 4) its consistent ability to over-deliver on its contractual obligations.
- IT Equipment Upgrades and Parts Harvesting
- Ombligo may choose to upgrade partners’ equipment prior to earmarking it for sale when it is economically more advantageous for our partners to do so. Ombligo uses partner-owned or Omlbigo-owned parts to upgrade partners’ equipment. We also upgrade the Basic Input Output System (“BIOS”) in partners’ equipment prior to earmarking it for sale.
Ombligo may determine that IT equipment units – even if not sellable – contain sellable part(s) that can be used for repairs and/or upgrades of partners’ equipment (“Harvested Parts”). Ombligo removes such parts from units when it is economically more advantageous for our partners to do so. Harvested Parts are earmarked for sale or used for upgrades and/or repairs of partners’ equipment.
- IT Equipment De-Installation, Re-Installation and Redeployment Services
- For used IT equipment earmarked for disposition, Ombligo inventories, de-installs and picks up such equipment for processing at an Ombligo facility. Used IT equipment goes through our receiving and visual inspection process, before going through testing using our proprietary Testing Inventorying and Provisioning System (TIPS) to record objective characteristics. Equipment that passes Ombligo’s test will be made available for sale as received from our partner, as parts or upgraded/repaired by Ombligo. Alternatively, at our partner’s request, equipment with specific predefined specifications gets redeployed to other partner locations for re-installation. Equipment that fails Ombligo’s test is exclusively repaired when it is economically more advantageous for our partner to do so.
- IT Equipment Repairs and Warranty Services
- Ombligo may repair IT equipment prior to earmarking it for sale when it is economically more advantageous for our partners to do so. Ombligo confirms warranty status by OEM for equipment it determines is likely sellable after repairs. If Equipment is under OEM warranty, then our partners provide us with the necessary credentials for Ombligo to use the OEM’s warranty services. Ombligo then coordinates repairs to be performed by the OEM using parts supplied by the OEM. Non-warrantied equipment that Ombligo determines is likely sellable after repair, is repaired by Ombligo using partners’ Harvested Parts, and if none, Ombligo-owned parts.
- Ombligo stores IT equipment for our partners, and allow them to remotely track, query, and act upon those assets in real time.
- Customized and Premium Reporting Services
- In addition to our standard periodic reporting exhibits, Gold partners also receive premium reports that include Move-Add-Change (MAC) reports, which detail the various movements of our partners’ IT equipment over a given period, as well as detailed recycling reports, which breaks down our partners’ responsibly recycled IT equipment by weights of raw materials recycled, in addition to customized partner-specific periodic reports.
- New IT Equipment Imaging and Installation Services
- For new IT equipment imaging, Ombligo works with its partners to prepare the best-suited software and utility packages. Different images are usually standardized depending on employee function, and more specifically, seniority level. Images include all standard installations, such as Operating System (OS) software and productivity software. Images are installed on new IT equipment purchases, with the ability to image hundreds of computers or laptops at the same time. Ombligo is also able to remotely transfer images and other pre-stored or pre-configured data directly onto IT equipment physically residing in partner locations. To the extent permitted by our partners, we are able to remotely log into our partners’ networks to install, retrieve or query data in real time.
Ombligo’s team of technicians are experts in installing new IT equipment at partner locations, and are accustomed to working under strict and demanding conditions. We pride ourselves on being very efficient, productive, and sensitive to our partners’ specific requirements and preferences. Whether done remotely or at our partners locations, our work is seamless and predominantly flawless.
For new IT equipment purchases, and following receiving, imaging and transferring of data, Ombligo will deploy its partners’ IT assets to our partners’ desired locations. At our partners’ request, Ombligo also sends or redeploys used IT equipment that is stored for our partners or otherwise in Ombligo’s custody.
- Help Desk Services
- Our customer services team, located in Brooklyn, NY, supports our partners to help address and quickly fix any problem(s) they might encounter. Depending on our partners’ preferences, Ombligo provides both onsite, as well as remote troubleshooting and help desk services.
- Other Services
- New IT Purchasing Consulting: Ombligo’s partners make more informed decisions regarding their IT equipment, from procurement through disposition. We provide our partners with invaluable insights into potential residual values of IT equipment over time, depending on specific types of equipment, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), models, and the most recent, as well as expected supply and demand dynamics in the secondary market for used IT equipment.
Managing Assets Strategically (MAS): Ombligo’s internally developed, proprietary software enables our partners to strategically manage their IT assets. Full specifications and configurations are stored and available in the database, along with equipment’s physical location, user, characteristics, original cost, and current fair market values. Our partners are able to act upon (sell, responsibly recycle, redeploy, store, etc.) their IT assets by simply using our M.A.S. software. M.A.S. provides detailed reports regarding the status and movements of our partners’ IT assets throughout their lifecycle. Our partners are also able to set and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) regarding their IT assets and IT budgets.
Used IT Equipment Appraisal and Valuation Services: M.A.S. provides Fair Market Values (FMVs) of used IT equipment based on the latest supply and demand dynamics in the secondary market for used IT equipment (both wholesale and retail). Our partners are able to make more informed trade-in and IT refresh timing decisions based on the information provided by M.A.S.
- Receive approximate inventory list
- Onsite Inventory services, if required
- Receiving at Ombligo facility
- Testing, Inventorying and Provisioning System (TIPS)
- Data destruction and sanitization
- Upgrades / repairs and parts harvesting
- Responsible recycling
- Storage for redeployment
- Premium reporting
- Help desk services
- New IT purchasing consulting
- Used IT equipment valuation services