We put together some eye-opening cyber security and data breach statistics that will make you think twice about your risk management practices. While companies spend billions on data security (hardware, software and human resources), most companies are simply unaware of the data security risks associated with upgrading to new Information Technology (IT) hardware and de-commissioning their old IT equipment.
If we accept that the preponderance of data security breaches are a result of some “help” from within an organization, then it logically follows that keeping used and out-of-service IT equipment in a closet where every janitor has a key might not be the best idea. We work with companies to assess these risks and help mitigate them, one used computer at a time!
Contact Ombligo at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718-384-0792
– “ITRC Data Breach Reports – 2015 Year-End Totals” | ITRC
– “21 Terrifying Cyber crime statistics in 2018” | Jack Foster
– “Cost of Data Breach Study: Global Analysis” | IBM/ Ponemon
– “The Global State of Information Security Survey 2016” | PWC
– “SANS 2015 Survey on Insider Threats” | SpectorSoft
– “2015 Global Cybersecurity Status Report” | ISACA International
– “2015 Cyberthreat Defense Report” | CyberEdge Group